Monday, June 01, 2009

The Staggering Question - My Utmost For His Highest

 

"Behold, O My people, I will open your graves . . ." ( Ezekiel 37:12 ). When God wants to show you what human nature is like separated from Himself, He shows it to you in yourself. If the Spirit of God has ever given you a vision of what you are apart from the grace of God (and He will only do this when His Spirit is at work in you), then you know that in reality there is no criminal half as bad as you yourself could be without His grace. My "grave" has been opened by God and "I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells" ( Romans 7:18  ). God’s Spirit continually reveals to His children what human nature is like apart from His grace.

The Staggering Question - My Utmost For His Highest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you make a rude or vulgar comment (determined by me) the comment will be deleted.